Write better, easier and faster
Get all the tools you need to take your writing to the next level
The secret to great writing isn’t talent.
The best writers are those who have a writer’s toolbox stuffed with tricks, tips, techniques and formulas — proven systems they can apply on deadline to take the agony and guesswork out of their writing and sell their approach to their approvers.
With the Rev Up Readership toolbox for writers, you’ll get literally hundreds of tricks — hard-to-find but easy-to-implement techniques — that will make your copy more compelling, make your writing decisions easier and give you the information you need to have a successful conversation with management about what works in writing and why.
The toolbox includes:
1. More than 2,000 writing tipsheets
RevUpReadership, our members-only website, is packed with step-by-step how-to’s, checklists and simple tests to run on your copy — all exhaustively indexed, easily searchable and extremely simple to find and use. You’ll get:
Fill-in-the-blanks formulas and “recipes.” Stop agonizing over what goes where. Guidelines such as these help you get it right the first time:
- A paragraph-by-paragraph outline for writing a survey release
- A block-by-block formula for crafting a feature story
- A step-by-step system that virtually writes wordplay for you
Current communication research. Learn about more than 200 studies, surveys and other research. They’ll help you sell your ideas and build authority at work. They’ll also tell you:
- How long employees spend reading their CEO’s messages (and how short that means your executive message should be)
- Why the inverted pyramid is often the worst story structure you could choose. (Yet, for some writers, it’s the only structure they know.)
- What Web visitors really read on your Web page. (Many Websites drop this essential element.)
Award-winning communications to model. Pick up world-class tricks and techniques from writers who have earned IABC Gold Quills, PRSA Silver Anvils, Pulitzer Prizes, and other national and international awards. You’ll learn such techniques as how to:
- Make serious business information fun and engaging from the world’s best employee magazine and intranet
- Write metaphors, make technical terms clear, and move people to action from Pulitzer Prize-winning stories
- Create feature leads and quotable sound bites from PRSA Silver Anvil-winning press releases
Tips, tricks and techniques for making your copy more creative, writing more persuasively, cutting through the clutter, planning powerful publications, reaching readers online, developing an approval process that doesn’t drive you nuts and more.
These are how-to’s — not just what-to’s.
And the list just keeps getting longer. We add new tipsheets to RevUpReadership.com every week — more than 500 total last year alone.
2. Rev Up Readership
This 15-plus-page monthly newsletter is brimming with writing tools and tipsheets. It’s like a half-day writing workshop delivered to your email inbox.
(Note: This is not my popular free e-zine, Wylie’s Writing Tips. But if you like the e-zine, you’ll love its bigger, more in-depth cousin!)
3. Visual Thesaurus
I couldn’t live without this “remarkably inventive and interactive way to explore language” (PC magazine). You won’t be able to either once you use it to find just the right word, create a great twist of phrase or write the perfect headline.
Visual Thesaurus is free with a Rev Up Readership membership.
4. Plus FREE special reports, discounts on my learning tools and more …
What are you waiting for? Join Rev Up Readership now.
Get a discount for your group: Does your organization have more than five communicators who would benefit from the Rev Up Readership toolbox? If so, learn about our group pricing.
“Rev Up offers one the best values for the dollar for any publication that I’ve subscribed to. There’s not a lot of theory — just tons of useful advice.”
— Robert Anderson, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Find out why other members love Rev Up Readership
Find out more ways Rev Up Readership can help you.